Friday 10 July 2009

Sleepless in Madrid

There is a scene in the movie the Beach when Leonardo Di Caprio and his group of island castaways become so frustrated with a guy that moans constantly in pain after a shark attack that they can no longer tolerate it. They take the suffering Swede into the forest and leave him to die away from the group. DiCaprio say: "I hate to say it, but out of sight really is out of mind"

I never understood this scene - until lastnight.

After a quiet evening in our hostel´s Morrocan courtyard, sharing tales with other travelling folk and planning our first day on the road, we went back to our room to a guy who was litterally coughing up death all night. I´m pretty sure it was the longest night of my life and all I could think about was taking him into the forest and leaving him to be savaged by wild wolves. It sounds heartless and cruel but believe me, it would have broken the best of you. We have litterally had zero minero sleep and now need to cycle 50km in 35 degrees.

I should probably mention that this is after I came back to the room and he was pleasuring himself in the dark in his top bunk hideout.

Anyway...its is 10am and we are about to load our vehicles, slip into our lycra, slap on some factor 20 and hit the road for our first big day on the rubber.

I am not sure where our cycle will take us today but it is unlikely we´ll have internet access. We´ll update as soon as we can.

Adios

1 comment:

Justin said...

you got swine flu